Social Media

Pinterest YouTubeTwitter
Saturday, March 19, 2016

Topanga Hike

Topanga State Park, Topanga, CA 90290, USA



Hello there!

As this is my first post I want to jump start my blog with a growing passion of mine: fitness. A couple weeks ago, I went on a hike, with a friends that I met through work, in Topanga Park, CA. It was my first time hiking and I'm going to be completely honest, it was a challenge the whole hour and a half journey up and down the terrain. 




Since the beginning of the new year, my resolution was to work out more and overall be happy with my body. I had the expectation of easily climbing up the hill and surpassing my friends, kicking the dust in their faces. It turns out I took the most breaks and due to my asthma I had to be conscientious of my breathing habits. However with the help of fitness guru Noelle (aka balancedfit_noelle on Instagram) she encouraged me to push my limits and envision the end goal which was to finish the hike. 


We got up to Eagle Rock which overlooked the hiking trail, and it was truly breathtaking. I'm definitely not afraid of heights so to be able to take in the beauty of the park was inspiring. There's something to be said of slowing down every once in a while and taking care of yourself. I truly felt at peace up there with some of my best friends. Shout out to the Malibu Squad for accompanying me.

-J-




Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.