Social Media

Pinterest YouTubeTwitter
Wednesday, June 1, 2016

New York, New York

Hey guys! I just got back from my anticipated trip to New York and I am so sad to have left what I now consider a second home.



All my life I have dreamed of living in New York when in reality, I've only seen New York in pictures and television series like "Sex and the City" where they tend to glorify the city instead of depicting it in a realistic way. Many people have been telling me over the last couple of years that I would be disappointing with the experience and that I hyped up my first trip to New York too much. I can safely say that I love the city and my fascination was worth while.

On the first day, the traveling was brutal as the Mira Costa Band had to transport over 270 people from LAX to Newark International Airport in New Jersey. Once we landed and took a bus into New York City I was in awe of how beautiful the architecture was and how many people there were! I will admit, the streets weren't painted gold and smelled like chocolate but it had a traditional charm that I have never seen in my entire life.

After unpacking, there was free time to sight-see before eating dinner at a BBQ place in the middle of Times Square.

There was time to explore, so my friends and I explored Manhattan. We found the cutest dives and bakeries, including Magnolia Bakery, and went ham on cupcakes, pies and cakes. Their signature item is what I'm holding in the picture below: banana pudding.


We went to all the tourist spots including The Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Battery Park, Times Square and Broadway. Here are some pictures of the rest of the trip.


















-J-


Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.