Social Media

Pinterest YouTubeTwitter
Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Winter Lookbook for Warmer Climates

Hey guys!

So I wanted to post this a couple of weeks ago but I've been extremely busy and I developed a cold :(

To preface these looks, I got inspired by the idea that when I was in school, around this time of year I would be freezing in the morning and when the afternoon rolled around, I'd be burning up and taking off my sweater or jacket. I wanted to create a lookbook for those who live in warmer climate areas such as the South Bay or even Hawaii and don't need over-sized coats and scarves to stay "warm".

These series of photos were shot by Kelly McNamee who is a brilliant artist.

Without further a do, let's get started!

ZARA, ZARA, ZARA

I created a simple look for those days where it's on the warmer side, but it is still breezy. I paired and over-sized, army green jacket from Zara Men and the rest of the clothes are hand-me-downs. I DIY'ed my boyfriend's jeans and cut them at the bottom to fringe out the material. Adding on a pair of low rise cowboy boots that were thrifted, I finished off the look by adding a pair of sunglasses from Forever 21.






TURTLENECK CRAZY

I absolutely love turtlenecks and I got this one from H&M. When I saw this I knew I had to get it because of the soft, billowy silhouette and the color. Something I struggled with in school was even with sweaters like these I'd still be cold because the material would have tiny holes that would make it drafty from the wind and or rain. I like to have a simple, long sleeve shirt underneath in order to keep that from happening. I'm wearing the same pants from the previous shot and my shoes are from No Rest for Bridget. Also, shout out to Metal and Mane for highlighting my hair so well! Until now, I have never dyed or bleached my hair so it was a little daunting, but I absolutely adore it. I love you Rebecca!





MORE AND MORE SWEATERS

For this look I took a simple, over-sized sweater but dressing it up with plum pumps by Jessica Simpson. This statement sweater has more colors than just the emerald green you see, so this outfit doesn't require many accessories. The only piece I dress with this outfit is my Michael Kors rose gold watch that my mom got me as a graduation present. The pants are from Forever 21 but I cut out the knees myself. 






TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME

Although baseball season is over, "dad caps" are a great way to accessorize a kickback look. Wearing the same pair of pants, I added the red cap that reads "Amore" and a bomber jacket with the word "Undefeated" across the chest. I added my Adidas Superstars and I'm all set :)





So that completes the lookbook! Thank you again to Kelly for being my official photographer and taking these wonderful photos. Have a happy and wonderful holiday!

-J-


Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.